Monthly Business Breakfasts.
June 4th – Josh Kaufman, author of The First Twenty Hours.
Our next business breakfast guest is Josh Kaufman, bestselling author of The Personal MBA, who is back with his new book, The First Twenty Hours, teaching readers how to learn anything… fast! Josh basically helps people make more money, get more done, and have more fun.
So what would you like to learn? How to paint a great portrait, launch a business, play piano or even fly an airplane? The only thing holding you back is the time and effort it will take. But there is a way to go from knowing absolutely nothing to performing well – with just 20 hours of practice.
Josh has developed a brilliantly simple approach to help you learn anything. He shows you how to deconstruct complex skills, make the most of your time, and clear away obstacles in your path.
The First 20 Hours helps you pick up any skill in record time and have much more fun along the way.
Seth Godin, author of The Icarus Deception, Permission Marketing and Purple Cow says “Lots of books promise to change your life. This one actually will.”
Chris Guillebeau, author of The $100 Startup says it’s “A blockbuster in the making.”
The breakfasts are curated in association with our partners Portfolio Penguin and The One Group. A short interview with each speaker is filmed by DHP studios and the event will be blogged and posted in the Articles section of site by the end of the week. A goody bag is available at the end of each breakfast for attendees.
The Like Minds breakfasts are held at the stunning top floor Radio restaurant at the brand new ME London Hotel on the Strand at Aldwych. Arrive at 8.00am for 8.15am – 9.30am. ME London, 336-337, The Strand, WC2R 1HA
Please book your place here to attend. If you’d like more information on all our forthcoming talks, lectures and seminars just subscribe to our newsletter on the right.
Please note you must book for each breakfast – at £30.00 (inc. VAT) as places are limited. There are priority places for Like Minds Club Members.
Please bring your tablets, smartphones and your laptops. We actively encourage Tweeting – please use the #LikeMinds hashtag and follow @wearelikeminds
We’re delighted to be running monthly Like Minds Business Breakfasts on or around the third Tuesday of the month, in partnership with The One Group at ME London and a range of leading business book publishers. Sign up to our newsletter on the right to be kept informed of the speakers we’re featuring each month.
Priority for these breakfasts will be made for Like Minds Club Members and will be an intimate networking opportunity to meet fellow successful business owners at The Club daytime base at ME London, 336-337 The Strand WC2R 1HA.
The format is informal networking before a brief talk, over a breakfast of tea, coffee and pastries, followed by a brief Q&A session. Guests are invited to stay for as long as they like afterwards – and don’t forget your goody bag!
Previous events include:
2013 Like Minds Business Breakfast Speakers
- January 22nd – Thomas Wedell-Wedellsborg (Partner, Innovation Architects – New York)
- February 28th – Steve Martin (UK MD, Influence at Work)
- March 26th – Ajaz Ahmed (Founder & CEO, AKQA)
- April 23rd – Robert Bean (Founder The Robert Bean Branding Co.)
2012 Breakfast Speakers in Association with SJdB
- November 1st – Nicholas Wainwright (Chairman of Boodles)
- October 4th – John Inverdale (BBC Sports Presenter)
- September 6th – Guy Rigby (Head of Entrepreneurs at Smith & Williamson)
- July 5th – Dr Arnab Banerji (Chairman of Collabrium Capital)
- June 5th – Jonny Bramley (Executive Producer London 2012, BBC Sport)
- May 3rd – The Hon. Harry Herbert (Founder of Highclere Racing)
- April 5th – Lisa Barnard (Owner/CEO of ILN, Illustrated London News)
- March 1st – Chris Moss (Ex-Marketing Director Virgin Atlantic & Orange)
- February 2nd – Alan Higgins (Head of Investment Strategy, Coutts)